Wanderlust is the name of the festival which takes place worldwide. The event includes three main things: meditation, yoga and 5k running. Organizators call it The World’s Only Mindful Triathlon. This is a gathering of people who want to live a healthier and more active life.
I want to share my impressions of this event and maybe it will be helpful for those who are planning to go there.
The place was really good. It was in Hipódromo de la Zarzuela in Madrid. A very spacious and beautiful place. I liked how the space was divided into separate zones for different activities, it seemed like the whole place was well used. It was clear enough to find everything what we wanted. It was also very sunny and the whole environment was surrounded with greenery. So the environment, music and light workout activities, everything put together gave magical energy to the whole event.
Additional zone of yoga classes
We chose a food truck which offered vegetable bowls and we stood in the queue for a good hour or even more. Then the girl came and said that they no longer had food and closed the food truck. 😲 It was very unpleasant. We were really hungry and the rest of the food trucks also had long queues so it was not possible to get food anymore.
Finally about workouts
So the very first activity was group yoga. I don’t even know how many persons were involved but the whole square looked impressive. In total, 3 yoga instructors were giving the class. Two of them were from Spain and the last one was Adriene (famous yoga teacher from US who has 4 000 000 followers on Youtube).
- Have your own yoga mat.
- Bring some food and water with you.
- Have some money because you can buy interesting things during the event.
- If the event takes place on a sunny day, have sun protection, at least a hat.
- Read the program well and find out exact times of activities.
- If it’s possible book a class in advance (it’s really important if you want to try more activities).
- Of course wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Have patience and good mood.
I hope you will enjoy your time in the event! 💗