Habits are what help us, or on the opposite, prevent us from moving forward. A habit is defined as any action that we are doing on a daily basis without thinking. However, we can relax because people are not some programmed robots and everyone has a variety of habits. I think the main difference between a person who is capable of achieving results and one who is unable to do so is habits. Watching successful people, I constantly wonder why it is so easy for them to go forward, to do sports often or eat healthily. When I pushed myself a lot on the inside I started to feel big tension and returned back to old habits which led me to throw everything. I tried to find balance: stick to the regime, feel well and not to push myself too much. So let’s talk about good habits right now, because it would be great to add good things to your life that would help you move forward. So, these habits helped me feel better:
- Get up early. When I get up early, the day is always longer and more productive.
- To set up a workout schedule (on what days I will do the workout). In fact, I only plan days of the training. I do the activities only at those hours when I feel better because it is still difficult to exercise at the same hour every day for me.
- Exactly know what I’m going to do in my workout (walking, running, doing exercises, etc.).
- Attempt to add vegetables and fruits to the daily diet. Even if the food is not the best on that day, it can always be improved by eating more raw.
- Good breakfast. For more than a couple of years, my breakfast has been fruit cocktail. I felt better after I started doing such breakfast. I think this is a good way to begin the day.
- Sports clothing and necessary items should always be clean and neatly packed. When it’s time to start a workout, it’s always easier and faster to get things organized when everything is neatly arranged.
- Drink more water. During the workout, I drink water moderately because too much water causes heavier workout but during the rest of the day I drink water constantly. Water helps to rejuvenate best.
- Praise and congratulate yourself after each workout. We should love ourselves more. This is important because every workout is one step towards the desired result. You always feel better if you enjoy your achievements.
- Deep breathing. A habit of breathing deeply on daily basis can help in all areas of life. First of all, it relaxes and reduces stress. Also, this habit helps me greatly when I want to find a balance. As soon as there are conflicting thoughts inside, which discourage me and diminish my motivation, I always try to breathe calmly and then I can continue my work successfully.
- Measure, monitor and record your results. It doesn't matter if the result is big or small, the most important thing is to capture every small step. It’s great inspiration to continue your workout.
It is said that a new habit can be developed within 21 days. This means a new thing has to be repeated for 21 consecutive days and then it will become normal to us.